Election of New Officers at July Members’ Meeting!
Attend and vote – elect new YCLA officers at the next meeting on July 16.
Highlights from Hsmai’s Roc Conference
June 24, 2014
- Hoteliers need to continue improving
big data-gathering practices.
- The OTA market is “boiling over,”
said The Lexington’s Calvin Anderson.
- The U.S. needs to better target
the Chinese traveler.
Hotel Watch in Billings!
The sun is out, and building is progressing fast! Here are photos taken within the last 2 days of properties under construction . There continue to be 8-11 new hotels rumored, planned, or in construction –1, Ledgestone completed and opened in March, and 5 more in serious construction at this time. Please check the YCLA website https://www.yellowstonecountylodgingassociation.com/hotelwatch.htmlfor updates between newsletters. And, as always … we will strive to keep you up to date via our research into the status of new hotels, being built or rumored, in the Billings/Yellowstone County area. Resources are Billings Gazette, Big Sky EDA, YCLA member properties, and Cynroc photography.:
- Homewood Suites –photo July 2, 2014
- Status: Siding nearly complete, curbs, road beds, signage. Probably moving well along inside! Missed original completion date of July 1, but summer opening looks possible.
- General: a Hilton extended-stay hotel, 4-story, 110 rooms with full kitchens, hot breakfast and light dinners served with beer or wine Monday through Thursday. Pool, hot tub, fitness room, sport court/billiards room, 2 outdoor patios. Erck Hotel group of Missoula.
- Location: 3120 Ember Lane, off Zoo Drive and Interstate 90, between the Hampton Inn & Suites and The Big Horn Resort.
- Completion: Opening date originally set July 1, 2014 at a cost of $13-14 million
- Rates: Winter room rates will be approximately $130 and rise to $150 in summer.
- TownePlace Suites –photo July 2, 2014
- Status: Walls going up on first floor. Still a ways out, but lots of activity.
- General: a Residence by Marriott, extended-stay hotel, 94 rooms, 4 stories
- Location: 2480 Grant Road, behind Home Depot, directly across from the Billings Hilton Garden Inn
- Completion: Originally estimated fall 2014 – might be an ambitious date
- Rates: listed in all research as “mid-price”
- Holiday Inn Express –photo July 2, 2014
- Status: Not a lot of change on the outside from last month, but could be very busy on interior.
- General: 89 rooms, $8.4 million, No specific info at this time. Sign shows 5-story hotel.
- Location: 3431 Ember Lane, across from the Hampton Inn & Suites and the new Homewood Suites, in front of the Rib & Chop House on Ember Lane off Zoo Drive and Interstate 90.
- Completion: sign states 2014
- Rates: $131 per night (per website, other HIExpress in Billings)
- LaQuinta –photo July 2, 2014
- Status: Siding, signage, and outdoor finishing looks really good. Roads, curbs, and parking lot mostly finished. Still working on entry. Appears to look good for summer opening.
- General: Four story, 85 rooms. Their “new urban design – stucco and stone. A Midwest Ventures Kelly Inn property
- Location: Frontage Road next to Cracker Barrel Restaurant
- Completion: No date known at this time, but progress is rapid.
- Rates: No info at this time.
- My Place Hotel –photo July 2, 2014
- Status: Looks like the exterior is complete, signage up, big trees planted with some landscaping still to do, possibly some exterior lighting.
- General: 64 rooms, identified on signage as “affordable extended stay”
- Location: 4770 King Ave. E., between Burger King and Cabela’s
July 16 Ycla Members’ Meeting
YCLA Meeting – July 16, 2014, 12:30pm at The Windmill Restaurant, cost for lunch will be $15.
NOTE: Among the meeting documents is a nomination form for new officers. Please fill it out and email to email@example.com prior to the meeting. Thank you.
Events to Plan On
MetraPark – Great events likely to bring out-of-town guests to Billings!
- Jurassic Quest – July 12-13
- Tim McGraw in Concert – July 29
- Montana Fair – Aug 8-16
- Chris Young & Danielle Bradbery – Aug 8
- Train w/Striking Matches – Aug 9
- Pop Evil & Adelitas Way – Aug 10
- Supercross – Aug 12
- Yellowstone River Roundup PRCA Rodeo – Aug 14-16
- Burn the Point Car Show – Aug 30
- Five Finger Death Punch & Volbeat in Concert – Sept 17
- Billings Market Association (Private Show) – Sept 19 – 21
- Color Me Rad 5K – Aug 20
- Living Proof Live with Beth Moore – Oct 24-25
What Visit Billings Is Doing for Us!
Lots of positive action from Alex and our Visit Billings team! Please click here to view booked and pending events – dates, room nights, and more.
Please click here for the full attendee packet.
Also, the full report can always be found on this page of the VisitBillings website http://www.visitbillings.com/tbid.php