HOTEL WATCH IN BILLINGS!
Photos without snow! Huge milestone. Here are the latest and greatest – in info and photos all taken May 12. There continue to be 8-11 new hotels rumored, planned, or in construction –1, Ledgestone completed and opened in March, and 6 more in serious construction at this time. We will strive to keep you up to date via our research into the status of new hotels, being built or rumored, in the Billings/Yellowstone County area. Resources are Billings Gazette, Big Sky EDA, YCLA member properties, and Cynroc photography.:
- Homewood Suites –photo Sept 9, 2014
- Status: OPEN! Opened Labor Day!
- General: a Hilton extended-stay hotel, 4-story, 110 rooms with full kitchens, hot breakfast and light dinners served with beer or wine Monday through Thursday. Pool, hot tub, fitness room, sport court/billiards room, 2 outdoor patios. Erck Hotel group of Missoula.
- Location: 3120 Ember Lane, off Zoo Drive and Interstate 90, between the Hampton Inn & Suites and The Big Horn Resort.
- Rates: Winter room rates will be approximately $130 and rise to $150 in summer.
TownePlace Suites –photo Sept 9, 2014
- Status: Really moving now on the bones of the property. Crews are busy.
- General: a Residence by Marriott, extended-stay hotel, 94 rooms, 4 stories
- Location: 2480 Grant Road, behind Home Depot, directly across from
the Billings Hilton Garden Inn
- Completion: Originally estimated fall 2014 – might be an ambitious date
- Rates: listed in all research as “mid-price”
- Trailhead Lodge
- Status: Ground not broken, no evidence of construction. According to Big Sky EDA, the deal is still being negotiated.
- General: Red Lion franchise, 80 rooms all with fireplaces
- Location: 2 acres at 3838 Zoo Drive, south side
- Completion: no info at this time
- Rates: no info at this time
- Holiday Inn Express –photo Sept 9, 2014
- Status: Front is really looking' good, still working on back and entrance.
- General: 89 rooms, $8.4 million, No specific info at this time. Sign shows 5-story hotel.
- Location: 3431 Ember Lane, across from the Hampton Inn & Suites and the new Homewood Suites, in front of the Rib & Chop House on Ember Lane off Zoo Drive and Interstate 90.
- Completion: Sign states 2014
- Rates: $131 per night (per website, other HIExpress in Billings)
- LaQuinta –photo Sept 9, 2014
- Status: OPEN!!
- General: Four story, 85 rooms. Their “new urban design – stucco and stone. A Midwest Ventures Kelly Inn property
- Location: Frontage Road next to Cracker Barrel Restaurant
- Rates: No info at this time.
- Ledgestone– photo April 2, 2014
- Status: Opened in March!
- General: Three-story, 80-room. George Swift, owns Aspen Hotels and Western Steel based in suburban Seattle, invested $8 million for hotel, land, and furnishings. He has built more than 50 hotels in 8 states. Rumored possible extended-stay.
- Location: 4863 King Ave. E., off South Billings Boulevard, next to Holiday Gas Station
- Completion: Opened for business March 2014
- Rates: No info at this time.
- Home2 Suites – photo April 2, 2014
- Status: Stagnant since last month. Equipment and materials still staging at the old Carmike Theater. Completion previously estimated for spring 2014 will be pushed out. Don Cape’s idea was for location near to Jake’s West End.
- General: 105 rooms, a Hilton extended-stay hotel, modern design, kitchens in the rooms and a work wall that doubles as an entertainment area for guests
- Location: Property being negotiated on the west end.
- Completion: Estimated March/April 2014 at a cost of $9.4 million
- Rates: approximately $100 per night.
- Unidentified hotel
- Status: No information.
- Tentative plans are rumored for another hotel off the Lockwood exit by the existing Holiday Inn Express
- Two potential hotels are being discussed for the east TIF area
- Status: unknown
- One hotel on 1st & Expo Drive – hotel, theatre, and shopping center
- Another hotel on 6th & Expo Drive
- My Place Hotel –photo August 7, 2014
- Status: Open! Still working on a few finished touches on the parking lot and landscaping. Check out their website.
- General: 64 rooms, identified on signage as “affordable extended stay”
- Location: 4770 King Ave. E., between Burger King and Cabela’s
- Completion: Open
- Rates: $82